Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Spotlight: Hannahbeth Fischer ('11)

I had the privilege of working with several up-and-coming companies in St. Louis this summer. aTrek Dance Collective (atrekdance.org) gave me the opportunity to write dance education grants, edit/design websites and develop the marketing campaign for the major Midwest Dance Intensive in St. Louis. aTrek is a not-for-profit collective dance group that supports developing artists and collaboration with the community. I loved working to build the Dance Co-op, because I think collaborative arts are the best for artists and the community. I was able to train with a summer-long dance intensive, and perform twice with IMPULSE Dance Intensive.


The Greitens Group (ericgreitens.com) is a rapidly growing company aiming to transform the country's view on public service and leadership. Working with Eric Greitens gave me exposure to social entrenpreneurship, publishing, research and writing. Supporting both The Mission Continues, a not-for-profit serving wounded and disabled war veterans (www.themissioncontinues.org), and The Greitens Group Foundation, I worked with people who are dedicated to promoting awareness about international humanitarian issues by way of connecting and encouraging people to pathways of active public service.

Near the end of the summer I also jumped on board with Common Thread Dance, a brand new dance company in St. Louis. I am developing the video promos and campaigns under the direction of Jennifer Medina. (medinadance.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment