Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Spotlight: Megan Loney ('12)




I spent the summer interning at the U.S. Army Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute (located on Carlisle Barracks, PA). This was my second summer interning here. I spent my time updating the United Nations Peace Operations Case Studies that the organization keeps. I learned a lot this summer, but not necessarily from the specific work that I did. I learned the most from the people that work at PKSOI who are a mix of army personel, civilian contractors, representatives from the Department of State and USAID, and international fellows. Each one has extraordinary stories from their first-hand experiences. I was able to tour the Pentagon and the USAID offices in Washington, D.C. This summer has only strengthened my interest in working with an NGO or USAID in the foreign service after graduate school.

The photo is of all of the interns at the beginning of the summer on the steps of Upton Hall, the location of PKSOI, on Carlisle Barracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment